Elgin Pocket Watch
This watch recently celebrated its 100th birthday! It is in nice shape for a timepiece from 1917. It comes in a decorated gold-filled “Referee” case by Wadsworth, with a clean white Roman dial. Unlike many of the so-called “Assembled in USA” watches of today, this vintage watch really was Made in America.
- Approximate Age: circa 1917
- Movement Serial: 19921626
- Case Serial: 3409733
- Grade: 301
- Size: 12s (unisex)
- Double roller
- Jewels: 7
- Type: Crown wind and set
- Dial: White Roman with blued steel hands
- Case Style: Hunter
- Stamped: Wadsworth / Referee / Warranted 20 Years
- Case Finish: Yellow gold filled
- Case Diameter: 45mm
- Case Thickness: About 11mm
- Total Weight: 75 grams / 2.6 ounces
Condition: Running condition. Crown winds the movement, but sometimes there is slipping when setting the hands. Front and back covers snap shut as they should to create a smooth case. The dial is clean with no cracking. The crystal is excellent. This piece has not been polished or serviced by us.
Read More: Are Watches Good Gifts?