Dubey & Schaldenbrand Gran Chrono Astro
Stunning silver dial moonphase triple date timepiece
This Gran Chrono Astro by Dubey & Schaldenbrand has a stunning guilloche dial that curves downward at each corner. It’s evident that a lot of time was put into coming up with the layout of the dial, and they were able to pack in a lot of complications without making it look complicated. This watch has it all: hour and minutes – of course, chronograph seconds with 30 minute and 12 hour totalizers, month, day of the week, and a central hand pointing out the day of the week around the outer edge in blue, along with a beautiful moonphase indicator. The subtle brand scripting across the 6:00 mark is another reason this watch scored big points with us for having a classy and symmetrical look.
The movement has a hand-engraved decorated gold finish. The rotor is skeletonized and blued steel screws can be spotted throughout. Dubey & Schaldenbrand proudly states that this caliber has a chronometer-quality escapement. In the photos above, try to spot the engraved coat of arms of the village of Les-Ponts-de-Martel, including a bridge and a watchmaker’s hammer.
- Reference: AGCA/ST/SIB/BD
- Automatic movement, Swiss made
- Hand decorated ETA caliber 7751
- Cintree curvex stainless steel case
- Diameter: 38mm
- Lug to Lug: 50mm
- Thickness: 15.1mm
- Weight: 198 grams / 7.0 ounces
- Silver guilloche dial with silver hands
- Lume: Super-LumiNova on the hands
- Day and month at 12:00, moonphase at 6:00, 30 min counter at 12:00, 12 hr counter at 6:00, date around the outer edge, chronograph
- Stainless steel bracelet with push-button deployment
- Lug-Width: 20mm
- Curved sapphire crystal, scratch-resistant, anti-reflective
- Depth Rating: 30m/100ft
- Retail Price: $9,950
Includes: Hardwood Dubey & Schaldenbrand inner box, blue cardboard outer box, original receipt dated 5/07.
Condition: Very good overall with light wear on the case and bracelet (has not been polished by KTT). The bracelet has been sized to fit about a 7.5″ wrist, no extra links.
We proudly (and painstakingly) photograph all items in-house. Watch you see is watch you get!